Effective as of March 1, 2010
The Information We Collect
When you use the Website, you may provide us with personal information about you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number (collectively, the “Information”). We do not collect any Information from you when you visit the Website unless you provide us with the Information voluntarily (for example, by registering to become a “Subscriber” or joining our e-mail list). We may automatically collect other types of information when you visit the Website such as the IP address of your computer and what sections of the Website you visit. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Website, the number of visitors to each page of our Website, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no personal information is available or used in this process. Also, the Website may use “cookie” technology to help us collect other non-personally identifiable information and to enhance your experience using the Website. Cookies are small packets of data that a web site stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. If you do not want the Website to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, the Website may not function properly.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
How We Use and Share the Information
If you provide us with Information through the Website, we may use the Information to send you e-mail newsletters, as well as to inform you about other products and services that may be available through Parthenon or our third-party marketing partners. Also, we may share Information with others as described below.
- We may from time to time share Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, we might analyze the Information that is provided to the Website in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include processing orders or providing marketing assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- If we or any of our affiliated companies (or all or substantially all of our assets or the assets of any of our affiliated companies) are acquired, we expect that the Information would be transferred along with the other business assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Parthenon or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We strive to maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure the Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, we are unable to guarantee that security measures we take will not be penetrated or compromised or that the Information will remain secure under all circumstances.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any Information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website, participating in any of our services, and/or providing us with your Information, you consent to this transfer.
External Web Websites